About Me

My photo
I am a 27 year old mommy who's beautiful Angel had to go home. I lost my baby on 3/30/2011. She was born with semi lobar holoprosencephaly and would have been 3 on 6/1/2011. I am starting to walk a brand new path but I am not alone. I have my angel walking right beside me and my wonderful husband,Gabriel, holding my hand as we begin our journey together.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Angel vs. The Diet

I have been on the HCG diet since Thanksgiving 2010. I have lost a total of 25lbs. Which is a good amount but I paid for the 40lbs in 40 days. I wish I would have paid for the 23 days. I didn't know that I would hit a plateau. Its very discouraging to know you pay so much and only lose half the weight. We have been in the hospital for 11 days and I was surprised when I weighed and saw I have lost 9lbs. I am not going to lie I did get off my diet this past week but only a couple of times. I guess that stress has big part in it too. I am so ready to get home and go to the gym and get the handout on phase 3 of my diet, The Maintenance Phase. It is so hard to lose weight when you have so many stressful things going on in your life. I gained so much during the last trimester of my pregnancy and after Adriana was born. Its amazing to me how my emotions and my mood changed when I realized how much I weighed. I could tell the 1st 2 weeks of my diet that I already had a better outlook on things. I am more excited to know that I learned what I need to be eating. Its so much easier then I thought it would be. Its really a lifestyle change. I know that after phase 3 I am going to do it all over again. This next time instead of the cream I think I'm going to use the drops. I wasn't impressed with the cream because it didn't always absorb very well on my skin. I have heard so many success stories from people that have used the drops. My goal is to lose 100lbs by my baby girl's 3rd birthday which is June 1. I feel like if I can make my goal, and other people see what I go through with Adriana, maybe it will help persuade the ones that don't have any motivation. You never know how a few words will change someones life.

No comments: