About Me

My photo
I am a 27 year old mommy who's beautiful Angel had to go home. I lost my baby on 3/30/2011. She was born with semi lobar holoprosencephaly and would have been 3 on 6/1/2011. I am starting to walk a brand new path but I am not alone. I have my angel walking right beside me and my wonderful husband,Gabriel, holding my hand as we begin our journey together.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Extubation

So my baby girl finally got extubated today!! It was suppose to happen at 10AM but there were so many emergencies today in the PICU it didn't happen until 3PM. She is doing great now but after they took out the tube she was struggling a little bit. They had to put a Endo Tracheal Tube in her. It goes in her nose and it looks like she is intubated but she isn't. She is on 40% oxygen right now and they want to see her at 20% before she can get the tube out. They want to watch her for 24 - 48 hours before they decide to take the tube out of her nose. We are in the right direction its just going to take a few days to get where we need to be. Tuesday she is getting the GJ tube so hopefully by next weekend she will back to her normal self and we should be able to go home shortly after that. Looks like we have a long & busy week ahead. So tomorrow my parents are coming up to watch Adriana for us while we get out for a bit. I am exhausted and still fighting a cold so its bedtime for me!!! 

No comments: