About Me

My photo
I am a 27 year old mommy who's beautiful Angel had to go home. I lost my baby on 3/30/2011. She was born with semi lobar holoprosencephaly and would have been 3 on 6/1/2011. I am starting to walk a brand new path but I am not alone. I have my angel walking right beside me and my wonderful husband,Gabriel, holding my hand as we begin our journey together.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Progression

Today has been a very successful day! Adriana got her new GJ button and she didn't require any sedation. We both took a 3 hour nap and when we woke up they took the ND tube and the CPap out of her nose. She did just fine and is now on vapor therm which is helping keep the pressure up for her oxygen. She doesn't really need it because she took it out of her nose and she was keeping her stats up! They just started her feeds again and she is doing great. Our goal now is to get her used to eating on a continuous rate so we can work her up to eating 15 hours a day instead of 24 hours a day. We also have to get her sodium back down to a normal level before we can go home. Hopefully by this weekend we can be moved from the PICU to the floor and then next week we can go home. It has been a great day full of lots of progression!!!

No comments: